I was so excited months ago to get a streaming TV, but it didn't last long. I used to have my own credit card, which didn't last long either; the bank decided to tell me, "Your Visa isn't a Visa card," whatever the hell that means, so it got canceled even though I was responsible with it. So....when I got the streaming TV, I had to rely on someone else's card, my brother's. Recently he got hacked, canceled everything, and didn't order a new one. So my streaming TV is pretty much a regular one, with access to YouTube and Roku.
I'm glad they're there; I just didn't get to explore very much, and now I can't. I could try to get a new card myself, but I kinda feel like they're out to get me. "Not a Visa card," what the hell does that even mean? Okay, can I use it for gym membership? Gift card, maybe?
Ridiculous. All those people abusing their cards get to hold on to them, but me, they cut. Yeah, great choice, guys.
So far, in all those months, all those shows I did check out, I only found one that I love. Surprise, it's one I thought I would hate for its downgrade in graphics; Puss In Boots: The Last Wish. I admit, I've become sort of obsessed with it. I'm downloading it right now because...well, I want to see if it works, obviously! I did give it a negative review in the past, but I may have changed it to a glowing one. I should probably check that. Oh, it's such a cute movie. Antonio Banderas reprises his role as Puss In Boots, who has fearlessly adventured his way down to his last life, and Death decides, "I'm going to teach him a lesson," so he frightens him all the way into slowing down and appreciating what he has. It's so good. Really, I was binging it and reactions of it, and it still hasn't gotten old. So my new favorite ascending order of the Shrek World is, Shrek The Third sucks, but it may be better than Shrek 5, which I hope is better than the train wreck it appears to be. Then Shrek 1, which is perfectly alright and very rewatchable. Then the original Puss In Boots movie, then Shrek 2, which is pretty amazing, especially the detail of the beads on Fiona's dress. Then Shrek 4 and The Last Wish take the completely-destroyed-out-of-irritation cake! I can't even choose between Warrior Fiona and Death.
Of course, it doesn't impact the order of my marathons; Puss In Boots, Shrek 1, Shrek 2, Shrek 4, and The Last Wish, omitting Shrek 3 and very likely omitting Shrek 5 as well. But that's a marathon; I will watch any one of those by itself if the mood strikes.
Woohoo! My download is over halfway. Taking awhile, but if it works, it's worth it. And if I can put it to DVD, well, I'll be "sitting on top of the world."
I saw a reaction video to Toy Story 5, which also seems like unwatchable drivel. I think I will watch it again in its uninterrupted entirety before I make my final judgment. Guess I owe Shrek 5 that much. And with how stubborn I initially was with The Last Wish, who knows? Maybe I'll grow to love them, too. Seems unlikely, but 24 years of being a Shrekkie deserves less than 2 hours of my time.
ETA (4:09 AM): HOLY CRAP IT WORKED!!!

No comments:
Post a Comment