So I made the mistake of going out today. Two people were walking towards me, away from the store I was going to, and naturally I skirted around them, because no one ever does that for me and someone has to be courteous. All of a sudden the girl (or at least the one I could tell was a girl) gets in my face. "Really?" she says, "You're showing your face after f***ing my dad?"
I happen to be a virgin, so I tell her I don't know her or her dad and keep walking. "Really? You're just going to walk away?" I ignore it, I don't even look back. I go in the store, do my shopping, and sit on the bench outside because it's a long walk, and I have to walk home; on two busted ankles, nerve damage on the bottoms of my feet, and multiple organs saying, "Nope! I can't do this anymore."
Well, by then these people have followed me to the store, and they get in my face again, insisting I f***ed her dad. I keep telling her I don't know her, I don't know her dad, they have the wrong person, but they won't let it go. Then she says, "Give me your umbrella," and I refuse, because I'm starting to think she'll beat me with it, right? Next she tells me, "You just missed out on $10,000. We're influencers," and then she demands I kiss her boot and say "I'm a good little who**." When I decline, she decides to move on to my appearance; she noticed the pop in my purse and said I was big enough. Then they latch onto the word "sl*t." Again, I'm a virgin. In fact a prude.
Well, by then these people have followed me to the store, and they get in my face again, insisting I f***ed her dad. I keep telling her I don't know her, I don't know her dad, they have the wrong person, but they won't let it go. Then she says, "Give me your umbrella," and I refuse, because I'm starting to think she'll beat me with it, right? Next she tells me, "You just missed out on $10,000. We're influencers," and then she demands I kiss her boot and say "I'm a good little who**." When I decline, she decides to move on to my appearance; she noticed the pop in my purse and said I was big enough. Then they latch onto the word "sl*t." Again, I'm a virgin. In fact a prude.
At this point they've been in my face for about 10 minutes altogether, and I'm freaked. So I wait for them to leave, I start heading home, and who do you think I see? Now there's people all over the place, and there they are, screaming profanities at me.
So humiliating. I was kind of shaken up, but mostly annoyed. Life is hard enough. A bad heart, bad kidneys, bad lungs, and a brain problem are....what, inadequate? It wasn't much better than when my idiot stepfather decided to yell, "R*pe! Help, r*pe!"
Anyway, I just needed to vent. I'd been looking for inspiration to become a shut-in all over again, and I think I have it. Now, I could look at this as someone out there actually thinking people are willing to touch me and I should be grateful. Or, I could think, why does she care so much if her father is sleeping around? So what? Maybe that's how you were given life, sunshine. And if he's so dishonest about it, why defend him?
Anyway, I just needed to vent. I'd been looking for inspiration to become a shut-in all over again, and I think I have it. Now, I could look at this as someone out there actually thinking people are willing to touch me and I should be grateful. Or, I could think, why does she care so much if her father is sleeping around? So what? Maybe that's how you were given life, sunshine. And if he's so dishonest about it, why defend him?
I don't know. I'm still kind of in shock. I think if I'd handled it any different, they might've beaten me. I remained calm, I didn't say anything I regret, and I walked away. Three times. But now, I'm going to be thinking of it whenever I have to leave the house. I really think I've found my inspiration to hide myself away like I used to and maybe even be okay with it again.

No comments:
Post a Comment