I don't even know why I'm bothering coming back here. I'm not very active on any of my social medias, so I guess I just need a place to talk freely. I know nobody reads this, so it feels safe. Sure, a thread got (randomly, unjustifiably) censored, but that just means one person encountered my profile once since 2007. Anyway, anyone who can't handle free speech can go watch Teletubbies and leave the grownups alone.
I don't have much of anything constructive to say. But I am thinking about something weird that happened earlier tonight. I went for a walk, and when I got home, my brother and I spoke. Then he stepped out of the room for a minute. Came back and said, "Oh, when did you get home?"
I really thought he was bullshorting me, but no. He insisted he didn't remember at all.
It's weird. It's worrying. I'm supposed to be the forgetful one; he's supposed to be the strong, damn near invincible one. Bouncing back from, I think seven (???), strokes. Coming back, and coming back, no matter what. Bad luck with his health, bad luck with people, and just coming back again and again. Not immortal, not invincible, but close to that.
I know I'm forgettable, but it's weird to see someone so smart, someone who can remember being a baby, forget something so recent.
Anyway. That's that. I'm going to talk about something else now; games. Not fun and games, but the absurd ones I came across in my local Wal-Mart. I'd share pictures or videos if I could, but you'll have to Google them yourself, if you're even reading. And dear children-at-heart, you may want to click away now.
I went to Wal-Mart twice recently, with my mother. She wanted Yahtzee sheets, so into the games aisle we went. She didn't find them, the employee didn't find them, but something caught my eye; a game called Exploding Kittens. Yes, really, look it up. Now...as someone who lost her kitten when it was hiding in a T-shirt on laundry day, that's not funny. If I hadn't lost my kitten, guess what? Not funny.
A few days later, we went back to Wal-Mart (I wouldn't have, but I worry about her being out in this craptown by herself, so I go to keep an eye on her). Back to the games aisle for her precious Yahtzee sheets, and again, no luck. But something else caught my eye. It was a big face in a box, with a vertical line where its mouth would be. Or what I thought was a line. As I got closer, I realized it was butt cheeks. The toy is called Chester Cheeks. Turns out when you interact with this toy, it farts! Well, I didn't know that, and really should have read the box. At least waited until all those people were gone.
Well, that's about it, I guess. Thinking about forgetfulness and a stupid fascination with flatulence. Pardon the alliteration. I'm off... but not off my rocker, like certain toy companies.

No comments:
Post a Comment