Saturday, May 25, 2024

I Hate Titles

       I was picking up my room and got lost in some history; report cards! Ugh. One part of history I don't care for. I never knew it until now (unless I forgot), but one of them called me a he. So...thanks for that. They made more spelling mistakes than I did, while being very hard on me, a kindergartner (which Google says is the correct spelling, and which my mother said I never attended). Best of all, the fucking highlight of it all, I had carelessly decided 5+1=5, and my teacher decided, "Yep, that's correct. This kid is going places!"
      I wonder if they ever double-checked and saw their mistakes. The good news is, I think my straight F report card was disposed of. Yay!
      The weird part? All that goes back to 2003; I thought it was the '90s. In 2003 I lived in my current city, which I have nicknamed Junkietown. But my address on it says I lived in Vanderhoof, which is a small and very old-fashioned town 10 hours away from here; it actually has a resident limit, no buses, no taxis. I mean, people probably ride their horses all over. I see that here once every few years, but nothing like what I imagine for the Hoof. I'd love the old-fashioned part, but I don't really care for the "Privacy hasn't been invented" part. I just hope they're up-to-date on toilets, but the way germs spread around up there, they might not be.
      But, anywho, I considered going out today, and you know what I saw? It was either one bear twice, or two bears once. I didn't know they could run that fast, shit. I saw one once on a road trip, but it was just standing around. And it was just a blur. Anyways, I think I'm pretty much a shut-in again; not even fizzy sweetness is worth getting mauled. Long as I keep that in mind...well, golly, I may be able to lose a whole pound!
      And I have gotten some decent sleep lately. I saw that one episode of Chicago Med I needed to be all caught up again, while binging Lucifer, and lucky me, I dreamt about both! Mazikeen was still looking guilty after breaking out of her prison cell to snoop through what's-his-name's file, and Daniel freaking Charles had decided to act as her defense attorney! In retrospect, convincing a roomful of people to try and think like a demon, probably not a good idea.
      But he looked and sounded just like he does on the show. It was perfect; finally, a reason to love my mind. I got to hear him say "Mazikeen." I loved it!
      I also dreamt of zombies, and Rick from TWD was my leader. Ugh. What I want now is for Maze to be my leader in a zombie apocalypse. Or I'm a zombie and she puts me down! That'd be cool! Lately I've been dreaming that I'm, for instance, a beetle, and two spiders are trying to eat me. Or I'm a bird, getting attacked by another bird.
      And maybe, just maybe, I'm on the Internet too much. I'll tell you one thing; I don't mind taking another very long break from games, but I will watch Lucifer and Chicago Med at the same time for the rest of my life if it gets the characters in the same room, talking to each other... I wonder how the kind, patient, quiet old therapist would do if Lucifer showed him his face. What Linda would say if she met Robin. Oh, fuck, Maze would terrify Robin...sensible! Hah!
      While I'm thinking about it, I finished my Lucifer story. And I finally―finally!―found my knife. I think my shirt is gone for good, probably left it at the other house, which is...heartbreaking. I'd give away everything I own to have that shirt back. It actually looked good on me. Nothing looks good on me! Maybe it's this stupid face, or this stupid body, but nothing goes. That shirt was the best piece of laundry I ever had. I honestly, truly think I would rather wear it today, than live tomorrow. I've tried creating it with AI, to no avail. I've tried Googling it, nope. I think it was rare! Or my descriptive skills haven't improved much since, you know, kindergarten.
      Agh, I don't know. You know what? I think I'm too happy to let my shirt, and how friggin exhausted I am, ruin my mood. I've got my knife and I had a wicked cool dream... I probably won't sleep for another week, but I can float on that for awhile. And I learned something. Drink enough juice, I don't feel as tired.
      Which may be stupid. Temporary, at best. Be that as it may, I have to go make ice.

No comments:

Post a Comment